In only a few short years, the key ideas underpinning marketing strategy have been tipped on their head. Prior to social media, marketing and communication approaches were focused on the ‘Art of Persuasion’ – in other words, utilising marketing resources to convince consumers to purchase a product. While at a glance this appears to be a solid strategy, in today’s society, people are overwhelmed with information from a plethora of channels.
This has led to a paradigm shift in strategy – from the ‘Art of Persuasion’ to the ‘Art of Capturing Attention’. This may not sound as sexy, however it is the vital first step in the marketing funnel and one that is now the key focus of marketers. This is not only because consumers now have a much shorter attention span, but quite simply – you can’t sell a product if no one knows or cares that you’re selling it!
Below are 5 key factors to consider to get your target audiences attention:
1. Relevance – your brand needs to have personal relevance to your target audience
2. Trust – your brand needs to be seen as a credible source of information
3. Emotion – you must connect on an emotional and not just a rational level
4. Be different – don’t be so predictable that people tune out
5. Be clear & concise – limit your messages OR tell a great story!
At Loulaki Blue we have always been aware that it’s a busy, noisy market place with too much information and not enough attention to engagement. So if you want to capture the attention and connect with your target audience please contact us for a chat or check out our approach and recent examples of our work at www.loulakiblue.com